Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEENEEH063B, 'Enter and verify programs in preparation for commissioning fire protection systems'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Enter and verify programs in preparation for commissioning fire protection systems' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare to enter operating instructions.
OHS procedures for a given work area are identified, obtained and understood through established routines and procedures.
Established OHS risk control measures and procedures are followed in preparation for the work.
Safety hazards that have not previously been identified are reported and advise on risk control measures are sought from the work supervisor.
The extent of programming work is determined from job specifications and in consultation with appropriate person(s).
Tools, equipment and testing devices needed to carry out the work are obtained and checked for correct operation and safety.
Device installation is checked for compliance with job specification and regulations where they apply.
Enter software operating instructions.
Established OHS risk control measures and procedures for carrying out the work are followed.
Circuits/machines/plant are checked as being isolated where necessary in strict accordance OHS requirements and procedures
The required status of each function of the device is entered and their parameters set in accordance manufactures programming instructions.
Entered data are checked as meeting those specified by the work job specification.
Methods for dealing with unexpected situations are decided on the basis of safety and required work outcomes.
Programming is carried out efficiently without waste of materials and energy or damage to apparatus, the surrounding environment or other services.
Test device operation and report.
Device operation is tested in strict accordance OHS requirements and procedures.
Operating anomalies are identified and corrected in accordance with established routines.
OHS work completion risk control measures and procedures are followed.
Work site is cleaned and made safe in accordance with established procedures.
Work completion is reported and an appropriate person or persons notified in accordance with established routines.