Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEENEEK023B, 'Carry out basic repairs to renewable energy apparatus by replacement of components'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Carry out basic repairs to renewable energy apparatus by replacement of components' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare to repair renewable energy apparatus.
OHS procedures for a given work area are identified, obtained and understood through established routines and procedures
Established OHS risk control measures and procedures in preparation for the work are followed
The nature of the repair is obtained from documentation or from work supervisor to establish the scope of work to be undertaken
Advice is sought from the work supervisor to ensure the work is coordinated effectively with others
Sources of materials that may be required for the work are identified and accessed in accordance with established routines and procedures
Tools, apparatus and testing devices needed to carry out the work are obtained and checked for correct operation and safety
Repair renewable energy apparatus.
Established OHS risk control measures and procedures for carrying out the work are followed
The need to test or measure live is determined in strict accordance with OHS requirements and when necessary conducted within established safety procedures
Circuits/apparatus are checked as being isolated where necessary in strict accordance OHS requirements and procedures
Apparatus is dismantled in accordance with manufacturer's guide and supervisor's instructions
Component parts are tagged during the dismantling to help ensure correct and efficient reassembly and stored to protect them against loss or damage
Repairs are affected efficiently without damage to other components, apparatus or circuits.
Apparatus is assembled in an appropriate sequence with all parts placed, secured and connected in accordance with manufacturer guide or industry practice
Procedures are followed for referring non-routine events to immediate supervisor for directions
Repairs are carried out efficiently without waste of materials or damage to apparatus and the surrounding environment or services and using sustainable energy practices
Complete and report repair work activities.
OHS work completion risk control measures and procedures are followed
Repaired apparatus is prepared for testing by an appropriate person
Work area is cleaned and made safe in accordance with established procedures
Work supervisor is notified of the completion of the repair work in accordance with established procedures