Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEENEEK027B, 'Diagnose faults in renewable energy control systems'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Diagnose faults in renewable energy control systems' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare to Diagnose and rectify faults.
OHS procedures for a given work area are identified, obtained and understood
OHS risk control measures and procedures are followed in preparation for the work
The likely extent of work to be undertaken is envisaged from fault/breakdown reports and/or discussions with appropriate person(s)
Advice is sought from the work supervisor to ensure the work is coordinated effectively with others
Sources of materials that may be required for the work are identified and accessed in accordance with established procedures.
Tools, equipment and testing devices needed to locate faults are obtained in accordance with established procedures and checked for correct operation and safety
Diagnose and rectify faults.
OHS risk control measures and procedures for carrying out the work are followed
The need to test or measure live is determined in strict accordance with OHS requirements and when necessary conducted within established safety procedures
Circuits/machines/plant are checked as being isolated where necessary in strict accordance OHS requirements and procedures
Safety hazards resulting from the fault or breakdown are documented and risk control measures devised and implemented in consultation with appropriate personnel
Fault finding is approached methodically drawing on knowledge of renewable energy systems and interconnecting circuits using measured and calculated values of circuit/apparatus parameters
Circuit/apparatus components are dismantled where necessary and parts stored to protect them against loss or damage
Faulty circuits/components are rechecked and their fault status and confirmed
Materials/replacement parts required to rectify faults are sourced and obtained in accordance with established procedures
Effectiveness of the repair is tested in accordance with established procedures
Apparatus is reassembled, finally tested and prepared for return to service
Unexpected situations are dealt with safely and with the approval of an authorised person
Fault finding and repair activities are carried out without damage to apparatus, circuits, the surrounding environment or services and using sustainable energy practices
Completion and report fault finding and repair activities.
OHS work completion risk control measures and procedures are followed
Work area is cleaned and made safe in accordance with established procedures
Written justification is made for repairs to apparatus
Work completion is documented and appropriate person(s) notified in accordance with established procedures