Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEENEEK102A, 'Work safely with remote area power supply systems'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Work safely with remote area power supply systems' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare to enter a RAPS system
Instruction in hazards and risk control measures for RAPS systems maintenance are identified, obtained and understood.
System access permit is obtained from work supervisor.
Preparations for electrical and non-electrical isolation are made to prevent creation of hazards
Tools and equipment needed for the work are checked for safety and correct functionality according to established safety routines.
Apply safe working practices in RAPS system area.
Workplace procedures and work instructions for controlling risk are followed accurately.
Workplace procedures for dealing safe working practices in RAPS system are followed according to prescribed work procedures.
Circuits/machines/system are checked as being isolated where necessary in strict accordance OHS requirements and procedures.
Routine procedures are used to apply safe working practices in RAPS system and area.
Safe working practices are carried out efficiently without waste of materials and energy or damage to apparatus, circuits, the surrounding environment or services.
Routine quality checks are carried out in accordance with work instructions.
Follow workplace procedures for hazard identification and risk control in RAPS system areas
Hazards are identified and prescribed control measures implemented and monitored through active participation in the consultation process with employer, other employees and local community.
Hazards in the work are recognised and reported to work supervisor personnel according to established procedures.
OHS records of incidents are completed in accordance with regulatory requirements and established procedures
Workplace instructions and training are followed accurately within established procedures.