Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEERE4001, 'Install, maintain and fault find battery storage systems for grid-connected photovoltaic systems'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Install, maintain and fault find battery storage systems for grid-connected photovoltaic systems' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Plan for the installation, maintenance or fault finding of battery storage systems for grid-connected PV systems
Installation design requirements, components and how they interconnect with the different system configurations are identified
Hazards associated with battery storage systems for grid-connected PV systems are identified and the risk control measures are listed in safe work method statements/job safety analysis
Designer recommendations, relevant industry standards, regulations and manufacturer specifications are identified and applied to planning the system installation, maintenance or fault finding
Tools and safety equipment are selected and checked for safe performance of required tasks
Maintenance is planned in accordance with system designer's requirements
PV system and reported faults are identified and fault finding techniques applied
Carry out the installation, maintenance and fault finding of battery storage systems for grid-connected PV systems
Job safety analysis is undertaken or safe work method statement is prepared and used to inform work processes in accordance with regulations and workplace procedures
Battery storage components are installed in accordance with system design documentation, relevant industry standards, regulations and manufacturer specifications
Inverters are installed in accordance with system design documentation, relevant industry standards, regulations and manufacturer specifications
System charge controllers are installed in accordance with system design documentation, relevant industry standards, regulations and manufacturer specifications
Storage system equipment including, cables, protection and isolation equipment, and signs are installed in accordance with system design documentation, relevant industry standards, regulations and manufacturer specifications
System charge controllers and inverters are programmed in accordance with design documentation, relevant industry standards, regulations and manufacturer specifications
Required modification to the electrical installation is carried out in accordance with design documentation, regulations and relevant industry standards
Maintenance checklists are used to identify items needing servicing or replacement
Required maintenance is performed by servicing or replacing items
Fault finding techniques are applied to correctly diagnose and rectify system faults
Testing, commissioning or reinstatement of the system is conducted in accordance with design documentation, regulations, relevant industry standards and manufacturer specifications
Document the installation, maintenance or fault finding of battery storage systems for grid-connected PV systems
Testing, commissioning and required compliance documents are completed
As installed, electrical system drawings and equipment location plans are produced
Client system documentation, from designer, is completed
Client is briefed on safe and correct system operation and recommended maintenance
Maintenance checklists are finalised correctly and added to client system documentation
Fault report/record is completed and added to client system documentation