Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEERE5001, 'Design battery storage systems for grid-connected photovoltaic systems'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Design battery storage systems for grid-connected photovoltaic systems' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Plan the design of battery storage systems for grid
Available components are identified and the different system configurations are applied to system design planning
Hazards associated with battery storage systems for grid-connected PV systems are determined and appropriate risk control measures are developed
Electrical load/s to be supplied from the battery storage system are identified
Energy assessments are undertaken using appropriate tools including data logging tools and/or energy assessment forms
Site is assessed to determine feasibility, equipment location and any required switchboard modification
Energy management strategies are applied to produce an energy management plan
Relevant industry standards, building codes, regulations and manufacturer requirements are applied to system design planning
Relevant electricity tariffs are incorporated in the system design
Solar resource data is applied in the system design
Client situation, budget and desired outcomes are incorporated in the system design
Design battery storage systems for grid
Suitable system configurations are selected to meet client requirements
System efficiencies are applied to system designs and overall system yield for different system configurations is determined
Type and capacity of inverter/s to meet performance requirements are determined
Type and capacity of battery storage to meet performance requirements are determined
Type and capacity of charge controller/s to meet performance requirements are determined
Capacity of PV array to meet performance requirements is determined
Merits of alternate configurations including maintenance requirements are analysed and the most appropriate system design is selected
Location of each item of equipment is determined
Size of cables and ratings of protection and isolations devices are determined
Document the design of battery storage systems for grid
Identified hazards are listed and appropriate risk control methods are specified
Required items of equipment and system components are identified and listed
System operating parameters are specified
Electrical systems schematic/s and equipment location plan/s, inclusive of signage, are produced
System cost and performance are documented
Maintenance, client and installer documentation are produced