Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEGNSG001A, 'Working safely near gas pipelines and other gas infrastructure'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Working safely near gas pipelines and other gas infrastructure' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare to work safely near gas industry pipelines and/or infrastructure
Works schedule(s), including drawings, plans, requirements, established procedures and material lists are received, analysed and confirmed, if necessary, by site inspection
Relevant requirements and established procedures for working safely near gas industry pipelines and/or infrastructure is communicated to all personnel and identified for all work sites
OHS policies and procedures related to requirements and established procedures for working safely near gas industry pipelines and/or infrastructure are obtained and confirmed for the purposes of the work to be performed
Work is prioritised and sequenced following consultation with others for completion within acceptable timeframes and in accordance with established procedures
Hazards are identified, OHS risks assessed and control measures are prioritised, implemented and monitored including emergency exits kept clear according to established procedures.
Relevant work permits are obtained to access and perform work according to requirements and/or established procedures
Liaison and communication issues with other/authorised personnel, authorities, clients and land owners are resolved to carry out work where necessary.
Personnel participating in the work, including plant operators and contractors, are fully briefed and respective responsibilities confirmed where applicable in accordance with established procedures
Carry out safe work near gas industry pipelines and/or infrastructure
OHS and Sustainable Energy principles and practices to reduce incidents and hazards and minimise waste are monitored and followed in accordance with requirements and/or established procedures
Apply essential knowledge and associated skills in the working safely near gas pipelines and/or infrastructure to ensure completion in an agreed timeframe and, to quality standards with a minimum of waste according to requirements
Hazard warnings and safety signs are recognised and hazards and assessed OHS risks are reported to the immediate authorised persons for directions according to established procedures.
Unplanned events in working safely near gas pipelines and/or infrastructure are undertaken within the scope of established procedures
Known solutions to a variety of problems are applied using acquired essential knowledge and associated skills
On going checks of quality of the work are undertaken in accordance with instructions and established procedures
Complete working safely near gas industry pipelines and infrastructure
Work undertaken is checked against works schedule for conformance with requirements and anomalies are reported in accordance with established procedures
Accidents and/or injuries are reported in accordance with requirements/established procedures, where applicable.
Relevant work permit(s) are signed off and, plant and equipment are checked, returned to service/stored appropriately, in accordance with requirements and established procedures.
Works completion records, reports, as installed /modified drawing and/or documentation and information are finalised and processed and appropriate personnel notified