Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEGNSG118A, 'Select and commission equipment to meet pressure and temperature control specifications'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Select and commission equipment to meet pressure and temperature control specifications' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Determine performance parameters for the system to be controlled
OHS principles and practices and environmental and sustainable energy procedures which may influence the systems are reviewed and determined
Purpose of the performance parameters for the system to be controlled are established after data is analysed and expected outcomes of the work is confirmed with the appropriate personnel
Organisational established procedures on policies and specifications for performance parameters for the system to be controlled are obtained or established with the appropriate personnel
Properties and gas characteristics are identified and discussed with appropriate personnel
Relevant documentation, standards and legislative requirements are analysed
Growth requirements are factored into the performance requirements
Work roles and tasks are allocated according to requirements and individual's competencies
Work is prioritised and sequenced for the most effective outcome, completed within an acceptable timeframe to a quality standard and in accordance with established procedures
Liaison and communication issues with authorised personnel, authorities, clients and land owners are resolved and activities coordinated to carry out work
Risk control measures are identified, prioritised and evaluated against the work schedule
Site requirements are identified and relevant work permits are secured to coordinate the performance of work according to requirements and established procedures
Plan and oversee the commissioning of the
Equipment and materials are selected to meet performance, budgetary and OHS requirements
A commissioning plan and testing criteria are developed and implemented
All relevant resources are scheduled
All relevant supply authorities and statutory bodies are consulted and notified
A performance monitoring plan is developed
All relevant documentation is completed and authorised by the relevant authorities
Essential Knowledge and Associated Skills are applied to analyse specific data and compare it with compliance specifications to ensure completion of the project within an agreed timeframe according to requirements
Solutions to non-routine problems are identified and actioned, using acquired Essential Knowledge and Associated Skills, according to requirements
Quality of work is monitored against personal performance agreement and established organisational and professional standards
Validate system performance
Final inspections to validate system performance are undertaken to ensure they comply with all requirements and include all specifications and documentation needed to complete the project
System performance is reviewed to ensure performance of the system is within specifications
System performance is reviewed to ensure balance is maintained with interconnected systems
System performance is reviewed to ensure security of supply is within acceptable risk factors
All reports and performance data are completed and lodged with the relevant authorities
Appropriate personnel are notified of completion and reports and completion documents are finalised.