Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Moodle 1.9 template
- A moodle 1.9 course with content placeholders for the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in columns headings to check that all performance criteria have been covered.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- this is the source material provided by training.gov.au, transformed into the useful formats found on this site :-)
- mark up the unit in a wiki format, ready to copy and paste into a wikispaces wiki page.
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you for 'Manage a customer service gas business unit'? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEGNSG122A, 'Manage a customer service gas business unit'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage a customer service gas business unit' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
- Resource Links
- I tried writing some AI to extract important words and phrases from the unit and link them to wikipedia articles and other relevant online resources. Sometimes this routine was more A than I, but on the whole I'm happy with the results.
- Questions and Answers
- Look for relevant questions and answers about the subject on Yahoo. Again, this was an automated process, and some of the results are a bit odd. I'm still undecided about how useful this function is, so I'll be tinkering with it for a while yet.
- create a wordle tag cloud from the unit's elements, performance criteria and range statement, then capture the screen - ready to include as an image in your online course or handouts.
Elements and Performance Criteria
Assess potential in the market place
Organisational, strategic and business plans and other relevant documentation is analysed and market analysis and environmental scans are performed according to established procedures
Products and services to form part of the business are selected consistent with the needs of the marketplace and the objectives of the organisation
Work roles and tasks are allocated according to requirements and individual's competencies
Work is prioritised and sequenced for the most effective outcome and completed within an acceptable timeframe to a quality standard and in accordance with established procedures
Liaison and communication issues with authorised persons, authorities, clients and land owners are resolved and activities coordinated to carry out work
Risk control measures are identified, prioritised and evaluated against the work schedule
Develop business plans for the business unit
Business unit objectives and key performance indicators are developed in consultation with relevant personnel and principle stakeholders
A marketing strategy is developed and budgets and business unit objectives are promoted through effective communication to appropriate personnel
Decisions are made on the basis of safety and effective outcomes according to requirements and established procedures
Mathematical models are used to analyse the effectiveness of the finished product as per requirements and established procedures
Essential Knowledge and Associated Skills are applied to analyse specific data and compare it with compliance specifications to ensure completion of the project within an agreed timeframe according to requirements
Testing is undertaken according to requirements and established procedures
Work teams are arranged to ensure planned goals are met according to established procedures
Solutions to non-routine problems are identified and actioned, using acquired Essential Knowledge and Associated Skills, according to requirements
Quality of work is monitored against personal performance agreement and established organisational and professional standards
Strategic plans are developed incorporating organisation initiatives as per established procedures
Manage the business unit and review and assess performance of the business unit
Distribution systems are developed and sales and product pricing schedules are developed and confirmed with appropriate personnel
Key performance indicators are reviewed with appropriate personnel and barriers to performance are identified, analysed and recommendations for improvements made
Product quality and sales trends are monitored and recommendations made for replacement of product or review of marketing strategies
Customer energy needs are projected and new products identified and forward estimates made according to established procedures
Reports and completion documents are submitted to relevant persons for approval and where applicable, statutory or regulatory approval
Approved copies of documents are issued and records are updated in accordance with established procedures