Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEGNSG135A, 'Monitor and control gas odourisation'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Monitor and control gas odourisation' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare to monitor and control odourisation of gas
WHS/OHS and environmental measures for the site are identified, obtained and understood.
Relevant requirements and established procedures for the work are discussed with relevant persons to establish and confirm the work schedule.
WHS/OHS, environmental and sustainable energy policies and procedures are received and confirmed
Hazards are identified, WHS/OHS risks are assessed and control measures are prioritised, implemented and monitored according to established procedures
Scope of work under the relevant work permit and/or relevant notification is received and confirmed with relevant persons according to requirements and established procedures.
Resources including personnel, equipment, tools, materials and personal protective equipment needed to do the work are identified, scheduled and obtained and check for correct operation and safety.
Materials, plans, diagrams, drawings and resources required for work are confirmed, scheduled and obtained in accordance with established procedures
Relevant responsibilities associated with First Aid and other related work procedures for an incident at the worksite and checked and confirmed
Appropriate persons are consulted to ensure the work is coordinated effectively with others.
Persons participating in the work, including plant operators and contractors are fully briefed and respective responsibilities confirmed in accordance with established procedures
Site preparation, safety plan, schedule of work and standard operation procedures are confirmed in accordance with established procedures
Monitor and control odourisation of gas
WHS/OHS risk control measures, schedule of work and standard operation procedures for carrying out the work are followed.
Hazardous activities such as lifting, climbing, working in confined spaces or aloft, and use of power tools, techniques and practices are conducted in accordance with given instructions and requirements
The monitoring and control of gas odourisation is carried out efficiently, to the required standard without waste of materials or damage to the apparatus, circuits, the surrounding environment or services and using sustainable energy principles
Odourant is handled and transported and potential hazards, safety risks and control measures are monitored and preventative action taken in accordance with requirements and established procedures
Procedures for referring non-routine events to the immediate authorised persons for directions are followed
WHS/OHS risks and incidents are reported to the immediate authorised persons for directions according to established procedures
Emergency shutdown is carried out effectively in the event of a spill according to established procedures
Routine quality checks are carried out in accordance with established procedures
Complete work and relevant documentation
WHS/OHS risk control work completion measures and procedures are followed.
Work site is cleaned up and made safe in accordance with established procedures
Tools, equipment and any surplus resources and materials are cleaned, checked and securely stored
Relevant work permit(s) are signed off and equipment is returned to service in accordance with requirements
Appropriate persons are notified of the completion of the work in accordance with established procedures
Work completion documentation is completed accurately and provided to the appropriate persons in accordance with established procedures