Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEGNSG201A, 'Excavate for underground utilities services operating plant and equipment'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Excavate for underground utilities services operating plant and equipment' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare for the operating of plant and equipment to perform underground utilities excavation work
Work instructions are received and confirmed
Relevant requirements and established procedures to be followed for the work to be performed are discussed with all persons to establish and confirm the work schedule
OHS, environmental and sustainable energy policies and procedures to be followed for the work to be performed are received and confirmed
Suggestions to assist with operating support plant and equipment used for underground utilities services are made to others involved in the work
Hazards are identified, OHS risks assessed and control measures are prioritised, implemented and monitored including emergency exits kept clear according to established procedures
Scope of responsibility under the relevant work permit is received and confirmed according to requirements and established procedures with relevant persons
Types of equipment, tools and personal protective equipment required for the job are obtained in working order and operated in accordance with manufacturer's specifications and according to established procedures
Relevant responsibilities associated with First Aid and other related work safety procedures at the worksite are confirmed in accordance with requirements and established procedures to ensure safety measures are followed in the instance of an incident.
Client issues are referred to appropriate persons in accordance with industry and community standards
Location of other services and site preparation is confirmed according to given instructions using the work schedule for a quality outcome and to minimise risk and damage to property, commerce and individuals according to established procedures
Road signs, barriers and warning devices are confirmed as positioned in accordance with given instructions and requirements including traffic management plans
Operate plant and equipment for underground utilities
OHS policies and procedures and safe work practices are followed to eliminate or minimise incidents and hazards
Site hazards such as lifting, climbing, working in confined spaces, excavations, trenches and/or aloft, use of power tools equipment, techniques and practices are safely followed in accordance with given instructions and according to requirements confirmed to minimise OHS risks
Operational knowledge for operating support plant and equipment used for underground utilities services is confirmed to ensure completion in an agreed timeframe and to quality standards with a minimum of waste according to requirements and established procedures
Plant and equipment is used safely and in accordance with requirements and established procedures
Minor maintenance is undertaken to plant and equipment in accordance with requirements and established procedures
Operating support plant and equipment used for underground utilities services are checked for faults and are used in accordance with given instructions and established procedures.
Hazard warnings and safety signs are recognised and hazards and assessed OHS risks are reported to the authorised persons for directions according to established procedures
Non-routine events are referred to the authorised persons for directions according to established procedures
Problems associated with operating support plant and equipment used for underground utilities services are dealt with using known solutions and skills related to routine procedures to ensure work instructions and established procedures are met
Ongoing checks of work quality are undertaken in accordance with given instructions and established procedures
Complete the operating of plant and equipment to perform
Work undertaken is checked against work schedule and anomalies reported to authorised persons in accordance with established procedures
underground utilities excavation work
Accidents and incidents are actioned and reported to authorised persons in accordance with established procedures
Backfilling is performed and the work site is rehabilitated, cleaned up and made safe in accordance with the work schedule, given instructions and established procedures
Tools, equipment and any surplus resources and materials are, where appropriate, cleaned, checked and returned to storage in accordance with established procedures
Appropriate persons are notified of work completion and all safety provisions for isolation or lock out are implemented according to established procedures
Work completion records, report forms and data sheets are completed accurately in accordance with given instructions and established procedures