Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Moodle 1.9 template
- A moodle 1.9 course with content placeholders for the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in columns headings to check that all performance criteria have been covered.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- this is the source material provided by training.gov.au, transformed into the useful formats found on this site :-)
- mark up the unit in a wiki format, ready to copy and paste into a wikispaces wiki page.
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you for 'Coordinate gas distribution pipeline repair and modifications'? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEGNSG204A, 'Coordinate gas distribution pipeline repair and modifications'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Coordinate gas distribution pipeline repair and modifications' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
- Resource Links
- I tried writing some AI to extract important words and phrases from the unit and link them to wikipedia articles and other relevant online resources. Sometimes this routine was more A than I, but on the whole I'm happy with the results.
- Questions and Answers
- Look for relevant questions and answers about the subject on Yahoo. Again, this was an automated process, and some of the results are a bit odd. I'm still undecided about how useful this function is, so I'll be tinkering with it for a while yet.
- create a wordle tag cloud from the unit's elements, performance criteria and range statement, then capture the screen - ready to include as an image in your online course or handouts.
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare and plan for coordination of repairs and modifications of a gas distribution pipeline
Information concerning the identified repair/modification is conveyed to all parties and work schedule(s), including drawings, plans, requirements, established procedures; and material lists are received, analysed and confirmed if necessary by site inspection
Necessary plans, specifications and other relevant information and established procedures for the work are communicated to all persons and identified for all work sites
OHS, environmental and sustainable energy policies and procedures related to the coordinating of gas distribution pipeline repairs and modifications are obtained and confirmed for the purposes of the work performed and communicated
Work is prioritised and sequenced following consultation with others for completion within acceptable timeframes and in accordance with established procedures
Hazards are identified, OHS risks assessed and control measures are prioritised, implemented and monitored including emergency exits kept clear according to established procedures
Relevant work permits are obtained to access, isolate/de-energise systems and perform work according to requirements and established procedures
Resources including persons, equipment, tools and personal protective equipment required for the job are identified, scheduled, obtained and confirmed in working order
Relevant persons at worksite are confirmed to be current in First Aid and other related work procedures according to requirements
Liaison and communication issues with other authorised persons, authorities, clients and land-owners is completed so work can be carried out where necessary
Site is prepared according to the work schedule and to minimise risk and damage to property, commerce and individuals in accordance with established procedures
Persons participating in the work, including plant operators and contractors are fully briefed and respective responsibilities confirmed where applicable in accordance with established procedures
Road signs, barriers and warning devices are positioned in accordance with requirements including traffic management plans
Coordinate pipeline repairs or modifications for gas distribution pipelines and notify completion of work
OHS policies and procedures and safe work practices are followed to eliminate or minimise incidents and hazards
Lifting, climbing, working in confined spaces, excavations, trenches, or aloft, and use of power tools, techniques and practices are safely followed and currency according to requirements confirmed
Essential Knowledge and Associated Skills are applied to the coordinating of gas distribution pipeline repairs and modifications to ensure completion in an agreed timeframe and to quality standards with a minimum of waste according to requirements
Coordination of gas distribution pipeline repairs and modifications is carried out in accordance with the work schedule and to established procedures
Hazard warnings and safety signs are recognised and hazards are assessed and OHS risks are reported to the authorised persons for directions according to established procedures
Repair work is monitored and unplanned events and amendments and modifications in the coordinating pipeline repair and modifications are undertaken within the scope of established procedures
Known solutions to a variety of problems are applied using acquired Essential Knowledge and Associated Skills
All required testing procedures are followed and ongoing checks of work quality are undertaken in accordance with given instructions and established procedures
Re-establish distribution pipeline to operational conditions and notify completion of work
System is re-established in order to meet distribution pipeline requirements and the work undertaken is checked against works schedule for conformance with requirements and anomalies reported in accordance with established procedures
Accidents and injuries are reported in accordance with established procedures where applicable
Work site is rehabilitated, cleaned up and made safe in accordance with given instructions and established procedures
Tools, equipment and any surplus resources and materials are, where appropriate, cleaned, checked and returned to storage in accordance with established procedures
Relevant work permit(s) are signed off and equipment is returned to service in accordance with requirements
Records and drawings are updated to reflect repair, modifications and work completion records, reports as installed and documentation finalised and processed and appropriate persons notified