Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEGNSG218A, 'Carry out surveillance on gas distribution assets'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Carry out surveillance on gas distribution assets' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare to carry out surveillance on gas distribution assets
WHS/OHS and environmental measures for the site are identified, obtained and understood.
Relevant requirements and established procedures for the work are discussed with relevant persons to establish and confirm the work schedule.
WHS/OHS, environmental and sustainable energy policies and procedures are obtained and confirmed.
Work is prioritised and sequenced following consultation with others for completion within acceptable timeframes and in accordance with established procedures and surveillance KPIs
Hazards are identified, WHS/OHS risks are assessed and control measures are prioritised, implemented and monitored according to established procedures.
Scope of responsibility under the relevant work authorisation, permit and/or relevant notification is received and confirmed with relevant persons according to established procedures.
Resources including plant, equipment, tools and personal protective equipment required for gas distribution pipeline surveillance work are identified, obtained and checked for correct operation and safety.
Materials, plans, diagrams, drawings and resources required for work are confirmed, scheduled and obtained in accordance with established procedures
Liaison and communication issues with authorised persons, authorities and clients are resolved where necessary
Persons participating in the work are fully briefed and respective responsibilities confirmed in accordance with established procedures
Site preparation, safety plan and the work schedule are confirmed in accordance with established procedures.
Carry out surveillance on gas distribution assets
WHS/OHS risk control measures, schedule of work and standard operation procedures for carrying out the work are followed
Appropriate materials, tools, equipment and measuring devices are selected and used correctly and safely.
Dealings with customers are consistent with standard operating procedures and the special needs of customers are identified and considered in targeting client service
The work carried out efficiently, to the required standard without waste of materials or damage to apparatus, equipment, the surrounding environment or services and using sustainable energy principles
Leakages and damaged assets and fittings are recorded in accordance with the work schedule and established procedures
WHS/OHS risks and incidents are reported to the immediate authorised persons for directions according to established procedures
System breaches, faults, non-routine events and the operational condition of the network are identified and reported according to established procedures.
The key issues are identified and required solutions/options are developed, communicated and implemented according to established procedures.
Routine quality checks are carried out in accordance with work instructions
Complete work and relevant documentation
WHS/OHS risk control work completion measures and procedures are followed.
Work area is tidied and made safe according to established procedures
Tools and equipment are cleaned, checked and securely stored.
Appropriate persons are notified of the work completion, non-conformances and proposed solutions/options in accordance with r established procedures
Surveillance completion documentation is completed accurately and provided to the appropriate personnel in accordance with established procedures.