Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEGNSG319B, 'Custody transfer metering and gas quality analysis'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Custody transfer metering and gas quality analysis' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Plan and prepare for the calibration of CTM or gas quality measuring equipment.
Work requirements for calibration of measuring devices are interpreted from plans, specifications and instructions
Relevant requirements and established procedures for the work are communicated to appropriate persons
OHS, environmental and sustainable energy policies and procedures related to the work to be performed are obtained and confirmed and communicated
Work is prioritised and sequenced following consultation with others for completion within acceptable timeframes and in accordance with established procedures
Risk control measures for identified hazards are prioritised, implemented and monitored against the work schedule
Relevant work permits are obtained to access, isolate/de-energise systems and perform work according to requirements and established procedures
Resources including equipment, tools, calibration gases and personal protective equipment required to conduct the work are suitable, fit for purpose are obtained and confirmed in working order and any test measurement equipment is NATA calibrated and within calibration tolerances
Liaison and communication issues with authorised persons, authorities, clients and land owners are resolved and activities coordinated to carry out work
Persons participating in the work, including plant operators and contractors are fully briefed and respective responsibilities confirmed where applicable in accordance with established procedures
Inspect/Validate/Calibrate CTM or Gas Quality measuring equipment.
Information on device and equipment performance is collected and reported in accordance with organisational requirements
Dealing with customers are consistent with standard operating procedures and the special needs of customers are identified and considered in targeting client service
Essential Knowledge and Associated Skills for the Inspection, Validation, Calibration of CTM’s or Gas Quality measuring equipment is applied to ensure completion in an agreed timeframes and to quality standards with a minimum of waste according to requirements
Routine inspections of system are scheduled and monitored in accordance with the work schedule and established procedures
Hazard warnings and safety signs are recognised and hazards and assessed OHS risks are reported to the immediate authorised persons for directions according to established procedures
Equipment is calibrated against appropriate standards using correct calibration devices, equipment, techniques are undertaken within the scope of established procedures
Deviations of results are resolved in accordance with established procedures and known solutions to a variety of problems are applied using Essential Knowledge and Associated Skills
Ongoing checks of quality of the work are undertaken in accordance with given instructions and established procedures
Return to operational service of CTM or Gas Quality measuring equipment.
Equipment is returned to operational service in accordance with established procedures
Anti tamper seals are replaced and tagging removed in accordance with established procedures where applicable
Work completion records, reports and documentation are finalised and processed and appropriate persons notified