Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEGNSG327A, 'Coordinate transmission pipeline construction operations '.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Coordinate transmission pipeline construction operations ' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Plan for transmission pipeline construction activities
Work instructions are received and confirmed
OHS, environmental and sustainable energy policies and procedures to be followed for the work to be performed are received and confirmed.
Hazards are identified, OHS risks assessed and control measures are prioritised, implemented and monitored including emergency exits kept clear according to established procedures
Alignment sheets are used to determine correct construction operations against the work schedule and is checked for a quality outcome to minimise risk and damage to property, commerce and stakeholders in accordance with established procedures
Worksite is inspected and assessed using appropriate resources to determine requirements in accordance with standard operating procedures and relevant requirements
Discussion occurs and suggestions made and received with all persons to establish and confirm work schedule
Scope of responsibility under the relevant work permit where applicable is received and confirmed according to requirements and established procedures with relevant persons
Resources including qualified procedures, personnel, plant, equipment, tools and personal protective equipment required for the job are obtained and in working order according to established procedures
Relevant responsibilities associated with first aid and other related work safety procedures at the worksite are confirmed in accordance with requirements and established procedures to ensure safety measures are followed in the instance of an incident
Client issues where applicable are referred to appropriate persons in accordance with industry and community standards
Carry out transmission pipeline construction operations
OHS policies, procedures and safe work practices are followed to eliminate or minimise incidents and hazards
Lifting, climbing, working aloft, and use of tools and equipment, techniques and practices are safely followed in accordance with requirements to eliminate the prospects of incidents
Work area is made safe and pipeline construction activities are carried out in accordance with given instructions and established procedures
Pipeline construction activities are carried out in an agreed timeframe and to quality standards and the approved procedures with a minimum of waste according to requirements and established procedures
Operational knowledge as applied to potential hazards and safety risks is reported to the immediate authorised persons for directions according to established procedures
Non-routine events are referred to the immediate authorised persons for directions according to established procedures
Remedial action associated with pipeline construction operations isdealt with using acquired known solutions and skills related to routine procedures to ensure work instructions and established procedures are met
Ongoing checks and data collection relating to the quality of the work are undertaken in accordance with given instructions and established procedures
Complete transmission pipeline construction operations
Pipeline construction operations are monitored to ensure integrity of the pipe and the coating is maintained
Compliance against the work schedule is maintained and any anomalies are reported to authorised persons in accordance with established procedures
Accidents and incidents are actioned and reported to authorised persons in accordance with established procedures
Tools, equipment and any surplus resources and waste materials are where appropriate, removed, cleaned, checked and returned to storage in accordance with established procedures
Appropriate persons are notified of work completion according to established procedures
Work completion records, report forms and data sheets are completed accurately in accordance with given instructions and established procedures