Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEGNSG601A, 'Assess the operational capability of gas safety equipment on tankers'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Assess the operational capability of gas safety equipment on tankers' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare to assess gas and safety equipment on tankers in accordance with requirements and standard operating procedures
Work instructions are received and confirmed according to standard operating procedures
Relevant requirements and established procedures to be followed for the work to be performed are discussed with all persons to establish and confirm the work schedule
OHS, environmental and sustainable energy policies and procedures to be followed for the work to be performed are received and confirmed
Suggestions to assist with the assessing the operational capability of gas safety equipment on tankers are made to others involved in the work
Hazards are identified, OHS risks assessed and control measures are prioritised, implemented and monitored including emergency exits kept clear according to established procedures
Scope of responsibility under the relevant work permit is received and confirmed according to requirements and established procedures with relevant persons where applicable
Resources including equipment and tools are visually inspected and personal protective equipment required for the job are obtained and in working order according to established procedures
All components of the tanker and associated equipment are checked and the relevant responsibilities associated with First Aid and other related work safety procedures at the worksite are confirmed in accordance with requirements and established procedures.
Client issues are referred to appropriate persons in accordance with industry community standards
Inspection procedures are carried out according to manufacturer's specifications and the work schedule for a quality outcome and to minimise risk and damage to property, commerce and individuals in accordance with established procedures
Identify and assess faults of gas and safety equipment on tankers
OHS policies and procedures and safe work practices are followed to eliminate or minimise incidents and hazards
Lifting, climbing, working in confined spaces and aloft, and use of power tools, techniques and practices are safely followed in accordance with given instructions and according to requirements confirmed to eliminate the prospects of incidents
Operational knowledge for the assessing of the operational capability of gas safety equipment on tankers is confirmed to ensure completion in an agreed timeframe and to quality standards with a minimum of waste according to requirements and established procedures
Assessing the operational capability of gas safety equipment on tankers is carried out in accordance with requirements and given instructions and established procedures
Hazard warnings and safety signs are recognised and hazards and assessed OHS risks are reported to the immediate authorised persons for directions according to established procedures
Non-routine events are referred to the immediate authorised persons for directions according to established procedures
Problems associated with the assessing of the operational capability of gas safety equipment on tankers are dealt with using acquired known solutions and skills related to routine procedures to ensure work instructions and established procedures are met
Records are maintained and ongoing checks of quality of the work are undertaken in accordance with given instructions and established procedures
Complete assessment and report results of inspection and testing of gas safety equipment on tankers
Work undertaken is checked against work schedule and anomalies reported to authorised persons in accordance with established procedures
Accidents and incidents are actioned and reported to authorised persons in accordance with established procedures
Work site is rehabilitated, cleaned up and made safe in accordance with given instructions and established procedures
Tools, equipment and any surplus resources and materials are, where appropriate, cleaned, checked and returned to storage in accordance with established procedures
Results of inspection and testing are accurately recorded and Appropriate persons are notified of work completion according to established procedures
Clear reference is made to any items which may affect future operational outcomes and work completion records, report forms and data sheets are completed accurately in accordance with given instructions and established procedures