Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEGNSG704A, 'Conduct an appliance relight'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Conduct an appliance relight' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare to conduct an appliance relight
Instructions for the preparation of the appliance relight are received and confirmed to ensure clear understanding
OHS, environmental and sustainable energy policies and procedures are received and confirmed to ensure they are understood as to be applied in the carrying out of the work
Equipment, tools and personal protective equipment needed to conduct an appliance relight are identified, scheduled and checked to ensure they work correctly as intended and are safe to use in accordance with established procedures
Appropriate persons are consulted to ensure the appliance relight is coordinated effectively with others involved
Resources and materials needed to conduct an appliance relight are confirmed, scheduled and obtained in accordance with established procedures
Schedule of work including practices for working safely are confirmed in accordance with established procedures
Carry out an appliance relight
OHS policies and procedures and safe work practices required for conducting an appliance relight are followed to eliminate or minimise incidents and hazards
Schedule of work is followed to ensure work is completed in an agreed time, to a quality standard and with a minimum of waste
Operational knowledge for utilising correct and safe use of basic equipment and tools to perform an appliance relight is confirmed to ensure completion in an agreed time and to a quality standard with a minimum of waste according to requirements and established procedures
Appliance relight is undertaken following manufacturer’s instructions
Further instructions are sought from appropriate persons for unplanned events or conditions occurring
Ongoing checks of quality of the work are undertaken in accordance with instructions and requirements
Complete the appliance relight
Final checks including visual observation is performed to ensure the quality of the work complies with established procedures and to appliance manufacturers instructions
Appropriate persons are notified of completion of the work
Equipment and tools and any surplus resources and materials are, where appropriate, cleaned, checked and returned to storage in accordance with established procedures
Work area is cleaned up and made safe and sustainable energy practices are followed
Appropriate records and documentation are updated in accordance with instructions and established procedures