Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEGNSG712A, 'Read and record meter readings'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Read and record meter readings' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Plan and record meter reading routine/sequence
Work instructions are received and confirmed and routes are mapped to correspond to schedule requirements
Records relating to previous routes are confirmed and other established procedures are followed for the work to be performed against the work schedule
WHS/OHS, environmental and sustainable energy policies and procedures to be followed for the work to be performed are received and confirmed
Suggestions to assist with the reading and recording of meters are made to others involved in the work
Hazards are identified, WHS/OHS risks assessed and control measures are prioritised, implemented and monitored according to established procedures
Scope of responsibility under the relevant work permit/authorisation are received and confirmed with relevant persons according to requirements and established procedures
Resources including equipment, tools and route sequences are obtained and are checked for working correct operation and safety
Relevant responsibilities associated related work safety and emergency procedures at the worksite are confirmed in accordance with requirements and established procedures
Client issues are referred to appropriate persons in accordance with industry and community standards and established procedures
Records are maintained according to given instructions and the work schedule for a quality outcome and to minimise risk and damage to property, commerce and individuals in accordance with established procedures
Carry out meter reading process
WHS/OHS and risk control measures, schedule of work and standard operating procedures for carrying out the work are followed
Appropriate materials, tools, equipment and devices are selected and used correctly and safely.
Meter reading work is carried out efficiently, to the required quality standard without waste of materials or damage to apparatus, equipment, the surrounding environment or services and using sustainable energy principles
Reading and recording of meter readings is carried out in accordance with given instructions and established procedures
Hazard warnings and safety signs are recognised and hazards and assessed OHS risks are reported to the immediate authorised persons for directions according to established procedures
Non-routine events are referred to the immediate authorised persons for directions according to established procedures
Problems associated with establishing the work site are dealt with using acquired known solutions and skills related to routine procedures to ensure work instructions and established procedures are met
Ongoing checks of quality of the work are undertaken in accordance with given instructions and established procedures
Complete the reading and recording of meter readings process
WHS/OHS risk control work completion measures and procedures are followed.
Accidents and incidents are actioned and reported to authorised persons in accordance with established procedures
Work site is tidied and made safe in accordance with given instructions and established procedures
Tools, equipment and any surplus resources and materials are, cleaned, checked and stored securely
Appropriate persons are notified of work completion according to established procedures
Work completion records, report forms and data sheets are completed accurately, with unusually high or low meter readings noted and new or changed information updated in accordance with given instructions and established procedures