Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEGNSG806A, 'Maintain SCADA controlled flow and pressure equipment and electronic gas measurement equipment'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Maintain SCADA controlled flow and pressure equipment and electronic gas measurement equipment' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare to maintain SCADA controlled gas flow and pressure equipment & electronic gas measurement equipment
WHS/OHS and environmental measures for the site are identified, obtained and understood.
Work requirements for the work are interpreted from plans, specifications and instructions
Relevant requirements and established procedures for the work are discussed with relevant persons to establish and confirm the work schedule and respective responsibilities
WHS/OHS, environmental and sustainable energy policies and procedures are received and confirmed.
Hazards are identified, WHS/OHS and risks are assessed and control measures are prioritised, implemented and monitored according to established procedures.
Scope of the responsibility under the relevant work permits and/or relevant notification is received and confirmed are obtained to access, isolate/de-energise systems and perform work according to requirements and established procedures
Equipment, tools and personal protective equipment needed to carry out the work are identified, scheduled, obtained and checked for correct operation and safety.
Appropriate persons are consulted to ensure the work is coordinated effectively with others involved
Materials, plans, diagrams, drawings and resources required for work are confirmed, scheduled and obtained in accordance with established procedures
Relevant responsibilities associated with first aid and other related work safety procedures for an incident at the worksite are checked and confirmed.
Third party issues are referred to appropriate persons in accordance with established procedures, for example "low voltage electrical work".
Site preparation, safety plan and the work schedule are confirmed in accordance with established procedures.
Maintain SCADA controlled gas flow and pressure equipment & electronic gas measurement equipment
WHS/OHS risk control measures, schedule of work and standard operating procedures for carrying out the work are followed.
Gas detectors are used to determine if gas concentration in worksite is safe and to locate and pinpoint any gas escapes and immediate supervisor is advised immediately if site is unsafe.
Appropriate materials, tools, equipment and measuring devices are selected and used correctly and safely.
Hazardous activities such as lifting, climbing, working in confined spaces, excavations, trenches, or aloft, and use of power tools, techniques and practices are conducted safely in accordance with given instructions and to requirements
Work is carried out efficiently, to the required standard without waste of materials or damage to apparatus, circuits, the surrounding environment or services and using sustainable energy principles.
Hazard warnings and safety signs are recognised and assessed WHS/OHS risks and incidents are reported to the immediate authorised persons for directions according to established procedures
Electrical isolations are scheduled, local/remote control actuated and communicated as per established company procedures
Data on system performance, usage and unplanned events are collected, reviewed and reported in accordance with established procedures
Gas station venting and purging operations are undertaken with established company procedures
Regulator and meter runs and components are setup and operated, system is vented, purged and pressurised in accordance with established company procedures
Process variables and set points are taken and required adjustments and repairs are carried out in accordance with established procedures
Actuators are isolated/ de-energised in accordance with manufactures instructions and established company procedures
Procedures for referring non-routine events to the immediate authorised persons for directions are followed.
Routine quality checks are carried out in accordance with work instructions
Complete the work and relevant documentation
WHS/OHS risk control work completion measures and procedures are followed.
Work site is tidied and made safe in accordance with established procedures
Tools, equipment and any surplus resources and materials are cleaned, checked and securely stored.
Appropriate persons are notified of work completion according to established procedures
Work completion documentation is completed accurately and provided to appropriate persons in accordance with established procedures.