Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEPMNT422B, 'Conduct performance testing on process plant and equipment'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Conduct performance testing on process plant and equipment' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Plan and prepare for performance test
Request for work is received and appropriate method of testing is determined in accordance with statutory, industry and enterprise/site standards and procedures
Safety and plant issues are identified in accordance with enterprise/site procedures
Specialist assistance, supplementary functions and personnel are arranged as required
Tools and equipment are correctly identified and acquired
Test equipment is calibrated as specified in relevant standards or manufacturer’s codes and procedures
Test procedure is determined and planned in accordance with the manufacturer’s codes and procedures
Plant is correctly identified and status prior to test is established from the appropriate personnel
Authority to carry out work is obtained in accordance with plant operating conditions and load requirements
Where appropriate, the teams and individuals roles and responsibilities within the team are identified and, where required, assist in the provision of the on-the-job training
Perform performance test and collect data
Plant co-ordinated to initial operating state ready for testing in accordance with statutory, industry and enterprise/site standards and procedures
Tests and data collection are performed using appropriate techniques that ensure personnel safety and plant integrity
Tests are carried out in accordance with statutory, industry and enterprise/site requirements
Data is collected in accordance with statutory, industry and enterprise/site requirements
Test results are evaluated to accurately assess performance of plant
Plant availability is declared on completion of tests
Evaluate and analyse information
Plant efficiency is evaluated and analysed in accordance with data collected
Plant performance is measured against required criteria, in accordance with statutory, industry and enterprise/site requirements
Cause of abnormal plant performance is identified by analysing technical and operational information in a logical and sequential manner
Plant integrity is maintained through consultation with appropriate personnel and reference to plant technical and operational documentation
Test data obtained is critiqued and validated with reference to other information available and applicable test procedure documentation.
Information and data is co-ordinated and formatted in accordance with enterprise/site requirements
Reports and documentation are produced in accordance with statutory, industry and enterprise/site requirements
Reports and documentation are presented in a manner to facilitate implementation of any defined recommendations