Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEPMNT446A, 'Coordinate maintenance on a wind farm'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Coordinate maintenance on a wind farm' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Plan for scheduled maintenance.
Maintenance schedules provided by other key stakeholders and organisational representatives are accessed, read and interpreted.
Local maintenance work schedules are developed.
Stock and spare parts required to conduct scheduled maintenance is available.
Coordinate scheduled maintenance
Roles and tasks are allocated to on-site personnel.
Maintenance is performed according to the established timeframes.
Maintenance is performed within the established financial budget.
Maintenance tasks are completed as per the schedule and to the required standards.
Employees are developed and provided with on-the-job experience through the allocation of tasks that will provide learning opportunities.
Risk control measures are identified, prioritised and evaluated against the maintenance schedule.
Relevant work permits are secured to coordinate the performance of maintenance according to requirements and/or established procedures.
Respond to WTG breakdown
An action plan is developed as per requirements and established procedures.
Key stakeholders, customers and other appropriate personnel and organisations are advised of the outage.
Out-of-hours breakdown roster is current and applied.
Initial analysis of breakdown to determine likely remediation actions is undertaken.
Resources to find cause of fault or breakdown are allocated.
Enterprise escalation procedures are applied.
The most appropriate remediation choice for defective components and plant is selected.
Technical advice is given regarding potential hazards, safety risks and control measures so that monitoring and preventative action can be undertaken and/or appropriate authorities consulted, where necessary, in accordance with requirements and established procedures.
Solutions to non-routine problems are identified and actioned, using acquired essential knowledge and associated skills, according to requirements.
Produce production and maintenance reports
WTG records for the purpose of producing maintenance reports are accessed.
Reports are produced as per enterprise standards using applicable software and formats.
Reports are distributed to applicable stakeholders, customers and other appropriate personnel.
Make recommendations for dealing with WTG breakdowns
Lessons learnt from outages are documented.
Discussions are held with team members to facilitate learning and communication regarding managing and dealing with similar WTG breakdowns.