Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEPOPS217A, 'Conduct Elevating Work Platform Operations'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Conduct Elevating Work Platform Operations' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Inspect and test work platform
Occupational Health and Safety standards, statutory requirements, relevant Australian standards, codes of practice, manufacturer's specifications, environmental requirements and enterprise procedures are identified, applied and monitored throughout the work procedure
Elevating work platform and components are inspected prior to start-up/use to ensure they are free from damage, leaks and obstructions in accordance with manufacturer's specifications and enterprise procedures
Elevating work platform and its components are tested and warning systems operationally checked in accordance with manufacturer's specifications and enterprise procedures
Faults or defects are identified and assessed to determine their effect on the operational efficiency of the work platform
Faults or defects adversely affecting operation of the work platform are reported in accordance with enterprise procedures
Results of inspection and tests are recorded in accordance with enterprise procedures
Prepare for operations
Work requirements are identified from request/work orders or equivalent and clarified/confirmed with appropriate parties or by site inspection
Co-ordination requirements are resolved with others involved or affected by the work
Potential hazards associated with equipment operations are identified and measures taken for their elimination or control in accordance with the work requirements
Road signs, barriers and warning devices are positioned as required in accordance with enterprise procedures and relevant statutory regulations
Operate elevating work platforms
Equipment is positioned and set up in accordance with manufacturer's requirements
Trial lifts are conducted to ensure the equipment is functioning in accordance with manufacturer's specifications
Controls and levers are applied to ensure safe and effective operation of the equipment in accordance with manufacturer's instructions
Speed and operation of equipment is in accordance with manufacturer's specifications
Communication and signal methods appropriate to the task are interpreted and applied in accordance with relevant standards and enterprise procedures
Equipment operations are conducted in accordance with the work plan whilst paying due regard to the security of surrounds.
Load/personnel are manoeuvred into position in accordance with manufacturer's instructions and relevant standards
Complete the work
Elevating work platform operations are completed, appropriate personnel notified and log book/records completed in accordance with enterprise procedures
Elevating work platform is left in a state of readiness for future operations in accordance with enterprise procedures