Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEPOPS219A, 'Shift and Transfer Materials using a Grader'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Shift and Transfer Materials using a Grader' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Plan and prepare work
Safety issues are identified to comply with enterprise/site requirements
Machine requirements/work identified and verified from job specifications
Quality assurance requirements recognised and adhered to
Locations of services identified from plans and drawings
Features identified from site drawings
Services are located on site, verified and marked
Work schedules are developed in accordance with job requirements
Pre-operational checks are carried out on plant in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations and site requirements
Where appropriate, the teams and individuals roles and responsibilities within the team are identified and, where required, assist in the provision of on-the-job training
Start up, park up and shut down procedures carried out in accordance with manufacturer's and/or site specific requirements
Method of operating machine adjusted to accommodate various weather and ground conditions
Safe grip and productivity maintained in varied conditions
Machine is operated in accordance with manufacturer's and/or site requirements to produce smooth movement of attachments
Machine is monitored to detect deviations from required operating conditions and faults acted upon or reported in accordance with site instructions/requirements
Emergency procedures are carried out in accordance with manufacturer's and/or site requirements
Abnormal operating conditions of the machine are identified and reported in accordance with requirements
Load is shifted and/or transferred in accordance with site requirements
Most appropriate load shifting device selected
Accessories are used to shift and transfer material in accordance with manufacturer's manual and job specifications
Post operational checks and minor maintenance are carried out on machine and/or accessories in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations and site requirements
Documentation is updated and plant problems, movements, abnormalities and status are reported and logged in accordance with enterprise/site procedures