Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEPOPS328A, 'Undertake Dam Safety Surveillance'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Undertake Dam Safety Surveillance' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Plan and Prepare for the Work
Occupational Health and Safety standards, statutory requirements, relevant Australian standards, codes of practice, manufacturer specifications, environmental requirements and enterprise procedures are identified, applied and monitored throughout the work procedure.
Work requirements are identified from request/works orders or equivalent and clarified/confirmed with appropriate parties or by site inspection.
Resources required to satisfy the work are identified, obtained and inspected for compliance in accordance with enterprise procedures.
Potential hazards are identified and prevention and/or control measures are selected in accordance with the work plan and site procedures.
Work is planned in detail including sequencing and prioritising and considerations made, where appropriate, for maintenance of plant security and capacity in accordance with system/site requirements.
Co-ordination requirements, including requests for isolations where appropriate, are resolved with others involved, affected or required by the work.
Undertake dam safety surveillance
Surveillance of dam structures is undertaken in accordance with site/enterprise procedures and guidelines.
Recordings of leakage are reported to appropriate authorities in accordance with site/enterprise procedures.
Special inspections are undertaken following abnormal events in accordance with enterprise procedures.
Sample and record water quality
Water samples are collected using appropriate equipment and techniques in accordance with site/enterprise procedures.
Perform basic testing using laboratory and/or field equipment in accordance with enterprise/site requirements.
Test results are recorded and abnormal results are communicated to appropriate personnel in accordance with site/enterprise requirements.
Complete the work
Documentation is updated in accordance with enterprise procedures.
Test equipment/tools is/are maintained and stored in accordance with enterprise procedures.