Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEPOPS351A, 'Operate H.V. Condition Changing Apparatus'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Operate H.V. Condition Changing Apparatus' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare for operations
Procedures and safety requirements/limits for operating condition changing devices are adhered to in accordance with manufacturers enterprise/site and statutory requirements
Location of apparatus is determined from plans, drawings, system diagrams and where appropriate maps
Device to be operated is identified and confirmed
Condition and status of apparatus to be safely operated is determined visually
Prepare device for operation in accordance with enterprise procedures
Device to be operated is verified with key stake holders, using appropriate procedures and guidelines, in accordance with enterprise policy
Where appropriate, the teams and individuals roles and responsibilities within the team are identified and, where required, assist in the provision of the on-the-job training
Operate condition changing device
Contact with stake holders is maintained throughout and communication is concise and clear
System conditions are evaluated prior to operation in accordance with enterprise procedures
Device is operated to manufacturer instructions and enterprise policy and guidelines in accordance with enterprise procedures
Device is controlled and adjusted in order to alter system conditions to achieve desired outcome
Apparatus is examined to ensure device has functioned correctly
System conditions are re-evaluated to confirm desired outcome
Apparatus is secured in accordance with operational procedure and policy
Confirmation procedure is conducted after operation in accordance with enterprise policy
Documentation is updated, equipment problems, movements, abnormalities and status are reported and logged in accordance with enterprise/site procedures.