Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEPOPS357A, 'Operate H.V. Secondary Switchgear'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Operate H.V. Secondary Switchgear' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare to operate secondary switchgear
Work requirements are identified and clarified/confirmed with appropriate parties in accordance with enterprise procedures
Procedures/safety precautions when operating H.V. switch gears are identified and recognised in accordance with enterprise procedures
Location of switchgear is determined from appropriate drawings, plans and maps
Identify switch gear type and determine correct operating procedure in accordance with enterprise procedures
Examine and assess switch gear condition for safe operation in accordance with enterprise procedures
Suppress related protection if and where necessary in accordance with enterprise procedures
Where appropriate, the teams and individuals roles and responsibilities within the team are identified and, where required, assist in the provision of the on-the-job training
Operate switch gear
Mechanical operation and limitations of the equipment are identified in accordance with enterprise procedures
Implications of actions are identified and recognised in accordance with enterprise procedures
Switch gear is operated and confirmation that required status has been achieved is given in accordance with enterprise procedures
Racking, testing, isolation, circuit earthing and reinstatement procedures are carried out to manufacturer instructions and enterprise/site procedures
Confirm test equipment's integrity and prove circuit de-energised in accordance with operating procedures
Validate switch gear integrity
Equipment inspected for safe operation in accordance with enterprise procedures
Switch gear environment is inspected to ensure all statutory requirements are met
Confirm switch gear operates in accordance with manufacturer specifications
Documentation is updated, log sheets maintained and plant problems, movements, abnormalities and status are reported and logged in accordance with enterprise/site procedures