Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEPOPS364A, 'Ensure Compliance with Occupational Health and Safety policy and procedures'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Ensure Compliance with Occupational Health and Safety policy and procedures' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Provide information to the work group about the organisation’s Occupational Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Relevant provisions of Occupational Health and Safety legislation and codes of practice are accurately and clearly explained to the workgroup.
Workplace procedures for dealing with accidents, fires and emergencies are completed, whenever necessary, within scope of responsibilities and competencies.
Responsibilities and duties of employees in relation to the relevant Occupational Health & Safety legislation are demonstrated in day-to-day actions.
Information about identified hazards and the outcome of risk assessment and risk control procedures is regularly provided and is accurately and clearly explained to the work group
The workplace is maintained in a safe and clean condition following the enterprise procedures.
Where appropriate, the teams and individuals roles and responsibilities within the team are identified, and, where required, assist in the provision of on-the-job training
Contribute to participative arrangements for Occupational Health and Safety in the workplace
Hazards in the work area are recognised and reported to designated personnel according to workplace procedures.
Confirm Occupational Health and Safety issues are raised with designated personnel in accordance with workplace procedures and relevant Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
Confirm the organisation’s procedures for identifying hazards and assessing risks are followed
Confirm that work procedures to control risks are implemented and adherence to them by the work group is monitored in accordance with workplace procedures
Inadequacies in existing risk control measures are identified in accordance with the hierarchy of control and reported
Inadequacies in resource allocation for implementation of risk control measures are identified and reported to designated personnel
Implement the organisation’s procedure for maintaining Occupational Health and Safety records
Occupational Health and Safety records for work area are accurately and legibly completed in accordance with workplace requirements for Occupational Health and Safety records