Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEPOPS411A, 'Run Up a Steam Turbine'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Run Up a Steam Turbine' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Plan and prepare work
Safety issues are identified to comply with enterprise/site requirements
Work requirements are identified from relevant personnel and documentation
Pre-operational checks are carried out on plant according to manufacturer's recommendations and site requirements
The turbine running up and loading schedule are ascertained from relevant documentation and in accordance with enterprise/site requirements
Where appropriate, the teams and individuals roles and responsibilities within the team are identified and, where required, assist in the provision of the on-the-job training.
Plant is operated in accordance with enterprise and manufacturer's operating procedures
Plant is monitored and observed to detect deviations from normal operating conditions
Corrective actions are taken to rectify abnormalities in accordance with manufacturer's and enterprise/site procedures
Test plant operation
Tests are performed in accordance with defined procedures applicable to the operational test
System and plant are observed for correct operational response
Corrective action is taken when response is not in accordance with documentation, plant integrity or personnel safety requirements
Plant is returned to required operational status upon completion of test
Analyse system faults
Causes of abnormal plant operating conditions are identified by analysing the technical and operational information in a logical and sequential manner
Corrective action taken is in accordance with enterprise/site procedures
Plant integrity and personnel safety is maintained through consultation with appropriate personnel, and reference to plant, technical and operational documentation
Appropriate personnel are notified when defects are detected
Documentation is updated and plant problems, movements, abnormalities and status are reported and logged in accordance with enterprise/site procedures