Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEPOPS420B, 'Coordinate the network system'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Coordinate the network system' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Plan and prepare network operations
Information and documentation to determine network/system status is assessed and evaluated in accordance with system requirements
Network/system and associated equipment operational pre-requisites are determined in accordance with enterprise/system procedures
Work priorities are determined to suit network circumstances in accordance with enterprise/system procedures
Network/system limitations and performance due to location and external influences are identified
Where appropriate, the teams and individuals roles and responsibilities within the team are identified and, where required, assist in the provision of the on-the-job training.
Coordinate network /system.
Network/system is operated in accordance with enterprise/system operating procedures
Network/system demand is monitored to maintain quality of supply standards in accordance with requirements and to maintain stability and system integrity
Network/system load shedding sequence and priorities are monitored to ensure system integrity
Corrective actions to rectify deviations are implemented following analysis of data in accordance with system procedures
Resources required to meet system requirements are identified and coordinated in accordance with system procedures
Where required, operations are carried out in consultation with team members
Interpret and respond to network/ system faults or incidents
Causes of abnormal network/system operating conditions are identified by interpreting the technical and operational information in a logistical and sequential manner
Operation of protection systems are identified and assessed to evaluate the nature and cause of fault conditions.
Communication may be established with other authorities and/or key stakeholders to identify nature/source of system interference
Corrective action is taken in accordance with enterprise/system procedures
Network/system integrity and safety are maintained through consultation with appropriate personnel and reference to plant technical, operational documentation and contingency plans
Documentation is updated, log sheets maintained and equipment/system problems, movements abnormalities and status are reported and logged in accordance with enterprise/site procedures