Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEPOPS423A, 'Plan a Scheduled Outage'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Plan a Scheduled Outage' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Identify outage requirements
Outage requirements are identified from notification of requirement, work orders or equivalent and clarified with the appropriate parties and/or site inspection
Safety issues are identified to comply with statutory enterprise and site requirements
Date, time and expected duration of outage is assessed and confirmed
Schematic diagrams, drawings, plans and/or maps are consulted to determine area affected
Where appropriate, the teams and individuals roles and responsibilities within the team are identified and, where required, assist in the provision of the on-the-job training.
Create outage plan
Statistical records are consulted to ascertain most favourable time for outage
Implications of outage are identified and assessed to ascertain impact of outage
Identify key stakeholders and/or equipment affected
Current status of affected equipment and consumers is identified and assessed
Consult with all key stakeholders to determine whether contingency plans require implementation and/or timetables require review is carried out in accordance with enterprise policy
Disruptions to key consumers are minimised by providing alternative routes of supply
Scope of work to be carried out during outage is evaluated against the allocated time frame.
Types of permits required to undergo work prior to and during outage are established in accordance with enterprise procedures
Notification of requirement or other pre-emptive request is approved in accordance with enterprise procedures
Implement outage plan
Work crews are notified of the outage plan through the appropriate channels in accordance with enterprise procedures
Notification of outage is communicated to all stakeholders in accordance with enterprise procedures
Documentation is updated, files and records maintained in accordance with enterprise/site procedures.