Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEPOPS427A, 'Interpret and Analyse Low Voltage and Mechanical Protection Devices'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Interpret and Analyse Low Voltage and Mechanical Protection Devices' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Respond to LV/mechanical protection device operation
Protection operation is confirmed in accordance with enterprise procedures
Apparatus affected is identified in accordance with enterprise procedures
Targets, flags and alarms are identified and recorded in accordance with enterprise/site procedure
Relevant stakeholders are advised in accordance with enterprise procedures
Where appropriate, the team's and individuals' roles and responsibilities within the team are identified
Where required, assistance is given in the provision of on-the-job training
Interpret conditions under which the operation of a LV/mechanical protection device occurred and determine the cause of operation
External information is managed and communication with external stakeholders is conducted and recorded in accordance with enterprise procedures
Information is collated and assessed in a logical and sequential manner in accordance with enterprise procedures
Sequence of events prior to and following protection operation is identified and assessed in accordance with enterprise procedures
Where appropriate the simultaneous or sequential operation of multiple protection device is assessed and evaluated in accordance with enterprise procedures
Findings are analysed with due regard for the type of protection device and recorded data, to determine most probable cause of protection operation
Take corrective action in response to the operation of LV/mechanical protection device/s
All relevant stakeholders are informed of findings and plan of action in accordance with enterprise procedures
Corrective action is taken, in accordance with enterprise/site procedures, to normalise the condition which has initiated the operation of the protection device and/or minimise the effect of the abnormal condition
Reset or restore LV/mechanical protection device
Relevant mechanical protection devices and related indicators are reset or restored to the correct position required to monitor the plant in accordance with enterprise procedures
Records are maintained and all events and operations are logged in accordance with enterprise procedures