Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEPOPS428A, 'Develop H.V. Switching Programs'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop H.V. Switching Programs' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Notification of requirement is confirmed and assessed
Area of planned outage is identified using system diagrams, drawings and/or maps, in consultation with appropriate personnel
Planned work details are interpreted from outage request or equivalent and stated on the draft program
Where appropriate, the teams and individuals roles and responsibilities within the team are identified and, where required, assist in the provision of the on-the-job training
Research switching programme
Implications of switching program on the system are identified and recognised
Types and function of switchgear to be operated are identified and their suitability for operation under forecast system conditions during scheduled outage is assessed
System loadings, limitations and alternate supply route capabilities are evaluated to ensure system integrity
Consultation with appropriate parties affected by the switching programme is undertaken in accordance with enterprise procedures
Consideration is given to geographical and/or site location of isolation points to conclude shortest possible route when determining sequence of switching steps in order to minimise outage time
Isolated work area is appraised to ensure safe working clearances are maintained in accordance with mandatory regulations and enterprise/site requirements
H.V./L.V. and control circuitry is examined to ensure no back-feed to work is possible
Draft switching program
Draft is formatted in logical sequential steps, stating location, apparatus, apparatus ID and operation to be conducted
Permit to work procedures are entered at correct step in program
Program is planned to ensure access, work and reinstatement take place in a logical and sequential manner
Switching program is checked for errors and omissions in accordance with enterprise procedures
All documentation supporting the program is filled out requirements in accordance with enterprise procedures
Switching program is forwarded to appropriate personnel for checking and verification in accordance with enterprise procedures