Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEPOPS430B, 'Control permit to work operations'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Control permit to work operations' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Plan and prepare for permit to work procedures
Work requirements are identified from request/work orders or equivalent and clarified/confirmed.
Relevant information and documentation is obtained in accordance with enterprise policy/procedures.
Occupational Health and Safety standards, enterprise procedures/requirements are identified and monitored throughout the work procedure.
Plant is identified in accordance with enterprise procedures.
Consultation with all key stakeholders to identify state of plant, requirements, isolations and timetables is confirmed in accordance with enterprise procedures
Where appropriate, the teams and individuals roles and responsibilities within the team are identified, and where required, assist in the provision of on-the-job training
Perform permit duties
Permit is obtained and interpreted to confirm accuracy and relevance in accordance with job requirements.
Isolations and appropriate barriers/tagging are confirmed in accordance with permit instructions.
Permit requirements are conveyed and clarified to others involved or affected by the work in accordance with permit requirements.
Others involved are "signed-on" to the permit prior to the commencement of work in accordance with permit requirements
Permit conditions are monitored throughout the work sequence in accordance with permit requirements.
Complete the work
Plant is inspected and returned to normal, to ensure it is safe to return to service and all staff working are warned to remain clear.
All staff signed on are to sign off to indicate their authority to work is removed.
Work is completed and appropriate personnel notified in accordance with site/enterprise requirements