Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEPOPS443A, 'Coordinate Wind Farm Operations'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Coordinate Wind Farm Operations' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Plan for plant operation.
Safety issues are identified to comply with enterprise/site requirements.
Work, plant and resource requirements are identified from relevant information and documentation.
Pre-operational checks are carried out in accordance with enterprise and site requirements.
Monitor wind farm operations.
Wind turbines and equipment is monitored for normal operation in accordance with enterprise procedures.
Alarms are acknowledged, prioritised and responded to in accordance with enterprise procedures.
Deviations from normal operation are identified and corrective action taken is in accordance with enterprise procedures.
Plant and equipment trends are created to monitor key areas or problems in accordance with enterprise procedures.
Where appropriate, the teams and individuals roles and responsibilities within the team are identified and, where required, assist in the provision of the on-the-job training
Control wind farm electrical energy production.
Wind farm energy output is controlled to meet the operational/load requirements of the enterprise and clients.
Wind turbines are manually adjusted for operation requirements in accordance with enterprise/site and manufacturer’s procedures.
Wind turbines are taken out of service and shut down for operational and maintenance requirements in accordance with enterprise/site and manufacturer’s procedures.
Wind turbines are run-up and placed into service for operational requirements in accordance with enterprise/site and manufacturer’s procedures.
Appropriate personnel are notified when defects and abnormal operating conditions are detected.
Test wind farm operation.
Tests are performed in accordance with defined procedures applicable to the operational test.
System/plant is observed for correct operational response.
Corrective action is taken when response is not in accordance with documentation, plant/system integrity or personnel safety requirements.
System/plant is returned to required operational status upon completion of test.
Analyse system/plant faults.
Causes of abnormal system operating conditions are identified by analysing the technical and operational information in a logical and sequential manner.
Actions necessary to rectify fault are correctly determined.
System/plant integrity and personnel safety are maintained through consultation with appropriate personnel, and reference to plant, technical and operational documentation.
Appropriate personnel are arranged for local investigation of identified operational abnormalities.
Documentation is updated and plant problems, movements, abnormalities and status are reported and logged in accordance with enterprise/site procedures.