Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEPOPS502A, 'Manage Permit to Work System'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage Permit to Work System' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Plan for implementation of permit to work procedures
Statistical records are consulted to ascertain most favourable time for outage
Requirements for the development of new procedures, as required, are identified and confirmed
Identify key stakeholders and/or equipment affected
Consultation with all key stakeholders to determine whether contingency plans require implementation and/or timetables require review is carried out in accordance with enterprise policy
Disruptions to key stakeholders are minimised by providing alternative options.
Develop permit to work system and procedures
Procedures are researched, created, assessed and confirmed with the appropriate personnel
Procedures are planned and developed in accordance with statutory, enterprise/site requirements
Resources are identified, obtained and utilised for development of the work system
Procedures are documented and approved in accordance with enterprise procedures
Manage permit to work system
Permit to work system incidents are identified
Incidents are investigated and assessed
Results and recommendations relating to incident investigations are documented and confirmed with the appropriate personnel and in accordance with enterprise procedures
Audit permit to work procedures
Permit to work system is audited, and results are evaluated in accordance with enterprise procedures
Audit results are documented and reports/recommendations are confirmed with the appropriate personnel
Recommendations relating to audit results are documented and confirmed with the appropriate personnel and in accordance with enterprise procedures