Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEPOPS524A, 'Evaluate the scheduling of generation'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Evaluate the scheduling of generation' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Analyse load profile
Comprehensive information on all variables which have the potential to affect demand is analysed to enable a realistic forecast
Forecast prediction is based on the analysis of relevant information
Forecast prediction is evaluated against real time trends and adjustments made where applicable
Where appropriate, the teams and individuals roles and responsibilities within the team are identified and, where required, assist in the provision of the on-the-job training
Evaluate unit availability and capability
Unit status information is analysed to maintain the integrity of scheduling plans
Information is processed and recorded in a time frame that enables effective identification of problems
Comprehensive information on all factors which have the potential to affect the unit status is evaluated
Effective relationships are cultivated and maintained with remote/independent power generators
Evaluate generation unit schedules
Base load generation schedule is analysed with contractual obligations and enterprise procedures
Peak load generation schedule is analysed to meet system demand and maintain adequate spinning reserve capability
The schedule is evaluated to confirm units are operated in economic merit within the framework of the enterprise fuel strategies
Megawatts and megavar spinning reserve criteria are evaluated at all times in accordance with local instructions
System security criteria are analysed at all times in accordance with enterprise procedures
Quality of supply standards are analysed at all times in accordance with statutory requirements
Plant maintenance commitments are analysed in setting priorities for committing units
Schedule is produced with sufficient lead time to allow effective plant movements to occur
Power station plant problems are accurately assessed in terms of impact on unit commitment and scheduling requirements
Plant testing commitments are incorporated in setting priorities for committing units
Scheduling information is recorded and communicated to all stakeholders in accordance with system procedures