Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEPOPS527A, 'Manage first response team'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage first response team' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Plan for the operation of the first response team
The purpose of the response team is identified and, where necessary, clarified with relevant people or organisations
The roles and responsibilities of emergency service(s) personnel are clarified, and where necessary conveyed to others.
Team members are identified and supported in relation to duties and responsibilities
Directions and advice are given to emergency service personnel and team members after appropriate site inspection
Manage the operation of the first response team
Incidents are investigated, assessed and evaluated to prevent repetition of risk
Results and recommendations relating to incident investigations are documented and confirmed with the appropriate personnel and in accordance with enterprise procedures
Guidance and assistance for emergency services is provided in accordance with enterprise/site procedures
Materials, equipment and resources required to satisfy the job are identified obtained and assessed
De-briefing is conducted and findings are responded to in accordance with procedures
Report outcomes of emergency response
Improvements to incident response procedures are identified and confirmed with the appropriate personnel.
Results of debriefing are reported in accordance with procedures
Improvements to incident response procedures are implemented.