Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UETTDREL11A, 'Apply sustainable energy and environmental procedures'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Apply sustainable energy and environmental procedures' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare to implement environmental and sustainable energy procedures
Works schedule(s), including drawings, plans, requirements, established procedures, and material lists, are received, analysed and confirmed, if necessary, by site inspection.
Relevant requirements and established procedures for the work are communicated to all personnel and identified for all work sites.
OHS policies and procedures related to requirements and established procedures for the implementation of environmental and sustainable energy procedures are obtained and confirmed for the purposes of the work to be performed and communicated.
Environmental and sustainable energy procedures are identified, prioritised and combined within relevant projects, following consultation with others for completion within acceptable timeframes and in accordance with established procedures.
Hazards are identified, OHS risks assessed and control measures are prioritised, implemented and monitored including emergency exits kept clear according to established procedures.
Relevant work permits are obtained to access and perform work according to environmental and sustainable energy procedures, requirements and/or established procedures.
Resources including personnel, equipment, tools and personal protective equipment required for the job are obtained and confirmed in working order.
Relevant personnel at worksite are confirmed current in environmental and sustainable energy procedures and other related work procedures according to requirements.
Liaison and communication issues with other/authorised personnel, authorities, clients and land owners are resolved to carry out work where necessary.
Site is prepared according to the work schedule, taking into account environmental and sustainable energy procedures and the need to minimise risk and damage to property, commerce, and individuals in accordance with established procedures.
Personnel participating in the work, including plant operators and contractors, are fully briefed on environmental and sustainable energy procedures and respective responsibilities confirmed where applicable in accordance with established procedures.
Carry out environmental and sustainable energy procedures
OHS and sustainable energy principles and practices to reduce the incidents of accidents and minimise waste are monitored and followed in accordance with requirements and/or established procedures.
Use of power tools/equipment, techniques and practices are safely followed under environmental and sustainable energy procedures and, currency according to requirements confirmed.
Essential knowledge and associated skills are applied in the safe implementation of environmental and sustainable energy procedures to ensure completion in an agreed timeframe and, to quality standards with a minimum of waste according to requirements.
Relevant environmental procedures are applied to a specific project(s)/site(s).
Work is conducted in accordance with the principles of sustainable energy and energy conservation.
Provision for the re-cycling or re-use of materials is undertaken where possible.
Hazard warnings and safety signs are recognised and hazards and assessed OHS risks are reported to the immediate authorised persons for directions according to established procedures.
Unplanned events in the implementation of environmental and sustainable energy procedures are undertaken within the scope of established procedures.
Known solutions to a variety of problems are applied using acquired essential knowledge and associated skills on environmental and sustainable energy procedures.
Ongoing checks of quality of the work are undertaken in accordance with instructions and established procedures.
Complete the environmental and sustainable energy procedures
Work undertaken is checked against works schedule for conformance with requirements and environmental and sustainable energy procedures and, anomalies reported in accordance with established procedures.
Accidents and/or injuries are reported in accordance with requirements/established procedures, where applicable.
Work site is rehabilitated, cleaned up and made safe in accordance with environmental and sustainable energy procedures as well as other established procedures.
Tools, equipment and any surplus resources and materials are, where appropriate, cleaned, checked and returned to storage in accordance with environmental and sustainable energy procedures as well as other established procedures.
Relevant work permit(s) are signed off and, environmental risks/incidents and potential impacts are reported and recorded according to requirements/established procedures.
Works completion records, reports, as installed /modified drawing and/or documentation and information are finalised and processed and appropriate personnel notified.