Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UETTDREL15A, 'Respond to power systems technical enquiries and requests'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Respond to power systems technical enquiries and requests' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare to respond to technical enquiries and requests
Instructions related to responding to enquiries using industry requirements, techniques and processes of a technical nature to be performed are received and confirmed
Relevant requirements and established procedures to be followed and, relevant personnel (including internal and/or customer) to be communicated with for the work to be performed are identified
OHS policies and procedures to be followed for the work to be performed are received and confirmed.
Suggestions to assist in meeting the safety requirements for responding to technical enquiries and requests are made to others involved in the work.
Hazards are identified; OHS risks assessed and control measures are prioritised, implemented and monitored including emergency exits kept clear according to established procedures.
Scope of responsibility and process of relevant work permit(s) issue is identified, received and confirmed according to requirements and established procedures
Relevant responsibility associated with First Aid, Safety Observers and/or other related work safety procedures at the worksite are identified in accordance with requirements and established procedures to ensure safety measures are followed in the instance of an incident
Processes for identifying and reporting client (including internal and customer) issues to appropriate personnel in accordance with industry/acceptable /community standards are identified
Workplace and the work schedule is confirmed according to given instructions for a quality outcome and to minimise risk and damage to property, commerce, stock and individuals in accordance and established procedures
Electricity infrastructure assets, related voltages and requirements, where applicable, for working safely near live electrical apparatus as non-electrical worker are identified
Safe approach distances including any zones thereof that may apply, as defined in industry guidelines, requirements and/or established procedures for the intended work are confirmed
Carry out responses to technical enquiries and requests
OHS principles and practices to reduce the incidents of accidents are identified in accordance with given instructions, requirements and/or established procedures
Enquiries and/or requests are responded to according to requirements and established procedures, and in a timely manner
Working safely and complying with all safety requirements for responding to technical enquiries and requests are followed in accordance with given instructions and established routines/procedures
Processes for monitoring and reporting/referring hazards and OHS risks to the immediate authorised personnel for directions according to established procedures are followed
Non-routine events are referred to the immediate authorised personnel for directions according to established procedures
Essential knowledge and associated skills are applied in the application of responding to technical enquiries and requests to ensure completion in an agreed timeframe and, to quality standards with a minimum of waste according to requirements
Unexpected events associated with enquiries and/or requests of a technical nature are responded to using acquired known solutions and skills related to routine procedures to ensure work instructions and established procedures are met.
Complete responses to technical enquiries and requests
Work schedule and anomalies for completion and checking of the work are reported to authorised personnel in accordance with established procedures
Processes for reporting to authorised personnel accidents and/or incidents are confirmed in accordance with established procedures
Requirements for returning work permit(s) and/or access authorisation permits, where applicable, are confirmed
Appropriate personnel are notified of work completion according to established procedures.
Works completion records, report forms/data sheets are completed accurately in accordance with given instructions and established procedures