Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UETTDREL21A, 'Operate specialised data information equipment near live electrical apparatus'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Operate specialised data information equipment near live electrical apparatus' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare to operate specialised data information equipment near live electrical apparatus
Works instructions are received, analysed and confirmed, if necessary by site inspection.
Relevant requirements and established procedures for the work are communicated to all personnel and identified for all work sites.
OHS policies and procedures related to requirements and established procedures for the operation of specialised data information equipment near live electrical apparatus that are used on the poles are obtained and confirmed.
Work is prioritised and sequenced following consultation with others for completion within acceptable timeframes and in accordance with established procedures.
Hazards are identified; OHS risks assessed and control measures are prioritised, implemented and monitored according to established procedures.
Relevant work permits are obtained, where necessary, to access and perform work according to requirements and/or established procedures.
Resources including specialised data information equipment, tools and personal protective equipment required for the job are obtained and, confirmed in working order.
Relevant person responsible for First Aid and / or related work safety procedures at the worksite are confirmed in accordance with established procedures to ensure safety measures are followed in the instance of an incident.
Liaison and communication issues with appropriate personnel, clients and land owners are resolved to carry out work where necessary.
Site is prepared according to the work schedule and to minimise risk and damage to property, commerce, and individuals in accordance with established procedures.
Personnel participating in the work are fully briefed and respective responsibilities confirmed in accordance with established procedures, where necessary.
Traffic management plan is identified and road signs, barriers and warning devices are positioned in accordance with requirements, where necessary.
Pre-operational checks are undertaken to confirm safe and correct operation of specialised data information equipment for safe use near live electrical apparatus according to requirements and established procedures.
Operate specialised data information equipment near live electrical apparatus
OHS and sustainable energy and environmental principles and practices to reduce the incidents of accidents and minimise waste are monitored and followed in accordance with requirements and established procedures.
Specialised data information equipment is selected appropriate to the task requirements, and used to produce desired outcome.
Lifting and use of tools and equipment, techniques and practices are safely followed in accordance with established procedures, and confirmed to eliminate the prospects of incidents.
Specialised data information equipment, techniques and practices are safely followed in accordance with given instructions and requirements, and confirmed to eliminate the prospects of incidents, taking into account prevailing site condition.
Hazard warnings and safety signs are recognised, hazards identified and OHS risks reported to immediate appropriate personnel for directions according to established procedures.
Specialised data information equipment is safely operated near live electrical apparatus in accordance with the work schedule, requirements, given instructions and established procedures.
Non-routine events are referred to the immediate appropriate personnel for directions according to established procedures
Problems associated with the operation of specialised data information equipment near live electrical apparatus is attended to using acquired known solutions and skills related to routine procedures to ensure work instructions and established procedures are met.
Unplanned events during the operation of specialised data information equipment near live electrical apparatus near live electrical apparatus are undertaken within the scope of established procedures.
Known solutions to a variety of problems are applied using acquired knowledge and associated skills.
On-going checks of quality of the work are undertaken in accordance with instructions and established procedures
Complete the operation of the specialised data information equipment near live electrical apparatus.
Work undertaken is checked against works schedule for conformance with requirements and anomalies reported in accordance with established procedures.
Accidents and/or injuries are reported in accordance with requirements/established procedures, where applicable.
Work site is rehabilitated, cleaned up and made safe in accordance with established procedures.
Specialised data information equipment is cleaned, checked and returned to storage in accordance with established procedures
Post-operational checks, minor maintenance and/or relevant documentation of specialised data information equipment is conducted according to requirements.
Relevant work permit(s) are signed off and poles and structures are returned to service in accordance with requirements, where required.
Works completion records, reports and/or documentation and information are finalised and processed and appropriate personnel notified in accordance with established procedures.