Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- Assessment Matrix
- Wiki Markup
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- Moodle Outcomes
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UETTDRRF05B, 'Perform rescue from switchyard structures at heights'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Perform rescue from switchyard structures at heights' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare to perform rescue from switchyard structures at heights
Instruction in hazards and risk control measures for specific work areas and work activities are identified and obtained. (This will include the risk assessment and control measures taken by the individual performing the rescue).
Tools and emergency equipment are checked for safety, functionality and placed in an accessible location to facilitate response and rescue according to established procedures.
Carry out rescue from switchyard structures at heights
Workplace procedures and work instructions for controlling risk are followed.
Workplace procedures for accessing the switchyard structure, removing the victim where necessary, from contact with live apparatus are followed.
Workplace procedures for attaching the emergency lowering equipment and lowering the victim to the ground are followed.
Workplace procedures for carrying out CPR if required at the site and treatment where necessary by medical professionals are followed.
The worksite is secured and entry controlled until appropriate authorities inspect and release the site.
Complete rescue procedures from switchyard structures at heights
Processes for reporting accidents and/or incidents to authorised personnel are confirmed in accordance with established procedures.