Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UETTDRVC31A, 'Operate specialist equipment at ground level near live electrical apparatus'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Operate specialist equipment at ground level near live electrical apparatus' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare to operate and conduct routine maintenance of specialised plant and equipment near live electrical apparatus.
Specialised plant and equipment is selected appropriate to job requirements and confirmed against a work instructions..
Routine pre-operational checks of machinery and equipment are carried out to manufacturer’s specifications for safe use near live electrical apparatus according to requirements and established procedures.
Plant and/or equipment is securely attached and/or calibrated for operation to manufacturer’s specifications.
Faulty plant and equipment is identified, safety tagged, and reported to supervisor according to enterprise requirements.
OHS hazards in the workplace are identified, risk assessed and reported according to enterprise requirements.
Operate specialised plant and equipment near live electrical apparatus.
Specialised plant and equipment is operated in a safe and controlled manner, and monitored for performance and efficiency.
Risks to self, others and the environment are recognised and minimised according to enterprise and OHS requirements.
Suitable personal protective clothing and equipment is selected, used, maintained and stored according to OHS requirements.
Environmental implications associated with plant and equipment operation are identified, assessed and reported to the supervisor.
Complete the operation and routine maintenance of ground level specialised plant and equipment near live electrical apparatus.
Plant and equipment shut-down procedures are carried out to manufacturer’s specifications and enterprise requirements.
Plant and equipment operational records are maintained according to enterprise requirements.
Plant and equipment damage, malfunctions or irregular performance are recorded and/or reported according to enterprise requirements.
Post-operational checks, minor maintenance and/or relevant documentation of plant and equipment are conducted according to requirements.
Appropriate personnel are notified of work completion according to established procedures.
Plant and equipment is cleaned, secured and stored according to manufacturer’s specifications and enterprise requirements.