Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver WRHHD303A, 'Design and apply short to medium-length hair design finishes'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Design and apply short to medium-length hair design finishes' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Analyse characteristics and consult with client.
Naturalhair type, texture, growth patterns, fall and movement are established by physical and visual examination.
Facial features andbone structure are observed by visual examination.
Alternative finished hair designs are reviewed and discussed to confirm client expectations.
Style concepts to complement facial features, bone structure and client expectations are discussed and agreed with clients.
Design and apply finished designs.
Classic and current hair designs are created for short to medium-length hair using the elements and principles of design.
Styling products are selected according to hair type and planned design, and are applied following manufacturer's instructions.
Relevant tools and techniques are selected and applied to achieve the overall finished design.
Client comfort and safety are ensured during the process according to relevant legislation and workplace policiesand procedures.
Finishing toolsandtechniques are selected and applied to achieve planned design.
Hair designs are completed within designated workplace timeframes.
Client satisfaction is confirmed and hair design finish is adjusted where required.
Styling products are applied for finished texture or hold as required.