Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver WRHHS404A, 'Perform trichological assessments'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Perform trichological assessments' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Consult with patient.
Rapport is established with patient and relevant information is obtained to determine expectations and requirements.
Relevant patient details and history are obtained through questioning and are accurately recorded.
Examine the patient.
Physical and visual examination of hair and scalp is conducted according to relevant legislation and workplace procedures and condition is recorded.
Need for a microscopic analysis of sample hairs is determined and explained to the client if required.
Hair samples are gathered from appropriate areas of the scalp and collected without causing damage to the samples.
Hair samples are mounted on a microscopic slide, examined, interpreted and observations are accurately recorded.
Assess the problem.
Information collected from the physical and visual examination and microscopic analysis is organised and analysed.
Abnormal hair and scalp conditions are identified and patient is counselled regarding remedial action.
Trichological problem/s and their cause/s are assessed, based on the patient examination.
Communicate the assessment.
Consultation assessment is explained to client.
Patient queries are answered with clarity.
Treatment options and costs are discussed and a treatment program is confirmed with client where indicated by the assessment outcomes.
Referral to other professionals is organised where indicated by the assessment outcomes.