Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver WRHHS405A, 'Apply the principles of nutrition'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Apply the principles of nutrition' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Apply knowledge of the importance of nutrition in the performance of trichological treatments.
The relevant principles of nutrition and the potential effects on the performance and outcomes of trichological treatments are identified and applied to patient service and advice, according to relevant legislation and workplace policies and procedures.
Nutritional needs and health problems across the patient's lifespan are identified and applied to the performance of trichological treatments.
The role of food, nutrients and other important food substances in relation to the body's function is identified.
Apply knowledge of the body's systems to trichological treatments.
The main functions of the digestive system are identified and applied to the performance of trichological treatments.
The main functions of the major organs and the excretory system are identified and applied to the performance of trichological treatments.
Knowledge of the body's systems as they relate to client health and treatment outcomes is applied and advice or referral to appropriate professionals is provided as required.
Provide advice on dietary guidelines.
Knowledge of nutritional needs is applied to the development of the client treatment plan and to the performance of trichological treatments.
Nutritional requirements and dietary health problems are assessed in regard to client individual needs and referral to appropriate professionals is recommended as required.
Healthy nutritional options are promoted and the importance of nutrition to the outcomes of trichological treatments is recognised and applied in the provision of client advice.