Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver WRHSM502B, 'PROMOTE A HAIRDRESSING BUSINESS'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'PROMOTE A HAIRDRESSING BUSINESS' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Develop marketing strategies.
The business and its key services and products are analysed to determine the focus of marketing activities that support business objectives.
Small business information technology software applications are used to build customer data bases and marketing intelligence based on product and service sales.
Customer demographic and target market for the business are evaluated as a basis for marketing strategies.
Marketing objectives and strategies are determined in consultation with relevant people and according to the business plan.
Determine a marketing mix for the business.
Service and product mix volumes and pricing are balanced to optimise turnover and profit.
The costs and benefits of providing different services and product ranges are evaluated and the results are considered in determining the marketing mix of the business.
The marketing mix is determined according to market and business needs and legislation, codes and national standards relevant to the workplace.
Implement marketing strategies.
Persons involved in the marketing effort are briefed on their roles and responsibilities to ensure the success of marketing strategies.
Promotional activities are planned and implemented according to marketing objectives and budgetary requirements.
Monitor and improve marketing performance.
Ongoing monitoring of marketing activities and evaluation of business performance are conducted against targets.
Performance gaps are analysed and corrective action is taken or new targets are set.
All relevant people are encouraged to propose ways to improve marketing performance.
Customer reaction to all aspects of the marketing mix is sought and analysed to improve targeting and outcomes.
Ongoing research of customer requirements is conducted to identify opportunities for change and improvement.
Changes in market opportunities are monitored and investigated for new business opportunities that assist business development.