Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver WRHWP302A, 'Operate effectively as a hairdresser in a salon work team'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Operate effectively as a hairdresser in a salon work team' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Promote products and services.
Opportunities are taken to build business by developing relationships with new and prospective clients.
Salon products and services are promoted and new andadditional products and services are suggested where beneficial to clients.
Personal hairdressing services and retail sales turnover targets are consistently achieved to meet workplace requirements.
Perform multiple hairdressing services within established workplace timeframes.
Multiple hairdressing services are performed within established workplace timeframes and to required standards.
Client comfort, safety and hygiene are maintained throughout services according to relevant legislation and workplace policies and procedures.
Tasks are planned and timed to allow the servicing of multiple clients simultaneously on a regular basis and according to workplace policies and procedures.
Technical and service-related contingencies are addressed and resolved according to workplace policies and procedures.
Clients are regularly re-booked after each service for future services.
Manage multiple team tasks.
Junior/assisting operators are given clear guidance and direction.
Opportunities to assist busy colleagues are noted and proactively pursued where time permits.
Integrate team salon maintenance and reception duties.
Team salon cleaning and maintenance tasks are integrated with client services and performed according to workplace policies and procedures.
Reception duties are performed according to workplace policies and procedures.