Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver WRRSS3B, 'Recommend jewellery products and services'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Recommend jewellery products and services' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Research store product range
Product knowledge developed by accessing relevant sources of information.
Store product range correctly identified according to relevant product information.
Gemstones/jewels correctly identified according to relevant product information.
Metals correctly identified according to relevant product information.
Watches correctly identified according to relevant product information.
Recommend specialised jewellery products
Customer's lifestyle/needs accurately identified.
Detailed specialised product knowledge applied to provide accurate advice to customers.
Features and benefits of jewellery products demonstrated to customers to create a buying environment.
Accurate statement of product supplied to customer according to legislative requirements and the Jewellery and Timepieces Industry Code.
Advise on jewellery product warranties
Comparisons between product/ manufacturers warranty terms clearly explained to customer.
Individual product warranty terms and conditions accurately confirmed by consulting relevant sources of information and accurately conveyed to customers.
Customer provided with written information regarding individual product warranty terms and conditions, especially extended or promotional warranties, according to store policies and procedures.
Stock regularly cleaned and polished according to manufacturers care instructions and store procedures.
Stock handled with care to prevent damage or breakage according to store procedures.
Stock replaced in designated location immediately after showing completed.
Display units kept locked at all times.
Fine jewellery shown one item at time, and immediately replaced in designated location according to store procedures.
Vigilance in regard to observation/watching of stock maintained according to store procedures.
Procedures for transfer of stock between safe and display units observed according to store security procedures.
Confidentiality of store security procedures maintained at all times.
Premises opened/closed and alarms set/de-armed in accordance with store security procedures.
Security of keys, safe combinations and codes maintained according to store security procedures.
Advise on and arrange product services and repairs
Service/repair process identified and accurately described to customer.
Price and timelines for basic service/repairs identified and quoted to customer where applicable.
Customer requirements in regard to remake/ redesign of jewellery identified, and alternatives evaluated and conveyed to customer according to store policy.
Customer details identified and accurately transcribed to repair form, according to store policy and legal requirements.
Item for repair identified and accurately described, including agreed value, according to store policy and legal requirements.
Item for repair labelled and securely stored according to store policy.
Watch, battery or band replacement performed as required without damage to product and according to store policy.
Jewellery removal performed as required according to store policy and legislative requirements.
Ear piercing performed as required according to store policy and legislative requirements.