Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver WRRSS8B, 'Recommend cameras, photographic equipment and services'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Recommend cameras, photographic equipment and services' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Research store camera and photographic product range
Product knowledge developed by accessing relevant sources of information.
Products correctly identified according to relevant product information.
Knowledge and application of manufacturer's technical information developed.
Operation of store products accurately demonstrated according to store policy.
Film loading and unloading techniques for camera product range accurately demonstrated.
Recommend cameras and photographic equipment
Customers needs accurately identified.
Technical features and benefits from manufacturer's specifications accurately conveyed to customers to assist buying decisions according to legislative requirements.
Operation of camera/photographic equipment demonstrated or explained to customers in a systematic manner as required to create a buying environment.
Advise on product warranties
Comparisons between product/manufacturer's warranties clearly explained to customers.
Individual product warranty terms and conditions confirmed by accessing relevant sources of information and accurately conveyed to customers.
Customer provided with written information regarding individual product warranty terms and conditions, especially extended or promotional warranties according to store policies and procedures.
Negotiate price and payment options
Store recommended retail pricing for various brand options accurately conveyed to customers according to legislative requirements.
Individual product prices negotiated where necessary according to store policy to achieve a sale.
Store payment options accurately conveyed to customers and a preferred option negotiated following store procedures.
Advise on and arrange photographic services and repairs
Customer advised on store range of photographic services according to store policy and procedures.
Customer questioned to determine nature of problem.
Problem diagnosed in terms of operator/camera/ processing faults by accessing manufacturer's or film processor information.
Solutions offered according to nature of problem, available product/processing information and store policy.
Service/repair process identified and accurately described to customer as required according to store policy.
Price and timelines for basic service/repairs identified and quoted to customer where applicable.
Customer details identified and accurately transcribed to repair forms according to store procedures and legal requirements.
Item for repair labelled and securely stored according to store policy.
Customer notified without undue delay on arrival/completion of service/repair.