Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBFIM501A, 'Manage budgets and financial plans'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage budgets and financial plans' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Plan financial management approaches
1.1. Access budget/financial plans for the work team
1.2. Clarify budget/financial plans with relevant personnel within the organisation to ensure that documented outcomes are achievable, accurate and comprehensible
1.3. Negotiate any changes required to be made to budget/financial plans with relevant personnel within the organisation
1.4. Prepare contingency plans in the event that initial plans need to be varied
2. Implement financial management approaches
2.1. Disseminate relevant details of the agreed budget/financial plans to team members
2.2. Provide support to ensure that team members can competently perform required roles associated with the management of finances
2.3. Determine and access resources and systems to manage financial management processes within the work team
3. Monitor and control finances
3.1. Implement processes to monitor actual expenditure and to control costs across the work team
3.2. Monitor expenditure and costs on an agreed cyclical basis to identify cost variations and expenditure overruns
3.3. Implement, monitor and modify contingency plans as required to maintain financial objectives
3.4. Report on budget and expenditure in accordance with organisational protocols
4. Review and evaluate financial management processes
4.1. Collect and collate for analysis, data and information on the effectiveness of financial management processes within the work team
4.2. Analyse data and information on the effectiveness of financial management processes within the work team and identify, document and recommend any improvements to existing processes
4.3. Implement and monitor agreed improvements in line with financial objectives of the work team and the organisation